Built in the 13th century and first documented in 1317 the knight Gottfried of Jülich, whose table tomb is in the collegiate church, lived in Bad Münstereifel castle, and later the Duke of Jülich’s bailiffs and administrators. The castle was set on fire by retreating French troops in 1689.
Since 1984 the castle has been in private ownership and includes a restaurant. The Inge Baecker gallery, which shows exhibits from world renowned artists, is also part of the castle.
The castle is located in ultimate walking distance from the train station Bad Münstereifel.