Schleiden Castle Church
The Schleiden Castle Church is one of the most significant late Gothic hall churches in the North Eifel region and is particularly famous for its König organ dating back to 1770. The castle church was consecrated as a castle chapel in 1230, and in 1340 was replaced by a Gothic church, whose chancel is still present today. In 1516-1525 the three naves, and late Gothic hall building, which still exists in original, was commissioned by Dietrich IV of Manderscheid-Schleiden.
The still largely original König organ presents itself optically in Liege Baroque style. The structure of upper and lower cases with the pedal drawer in the rear allows the 30 sounding vocals on three cases with 1702 pipes to resound very well. The colourful Renaissance window from 1535, on the rear wall of the aisles, shows two scenes from the life of Jesus.