The Eifel National Park Adventure Region Guest pass
As a guest at participating accommodation businesses you will receive a free guest pass for the duration of your stay. This enables you to use the buses and trains of the public transport companies Rhein-Sieg (VRS) and Aachen (AAV) free of charge in the Adventure Region and all other transport zones.
If you book early you will receive the guest pass before your stay and you can then use it for your journey to your destination within the VRS and AAV zones. In addition to free public transport (ÖPNV) you can also save money with reduced admission at the participating sightseeing destinations with your guest pass.
At which accommodation business can I receive a guest pass? Which sightseeing destinations offer reduced rates?
You can find a list of participating partners (accommodation businesses and sightseeing destinations) here
In addition the guest pass is included in almost all package deals of the North Eifel Tourism GmbH in the Eifel National Park Adventure Region.
The offer is valid until 31.12.2021, with the exception of ICE, IC and other long-distance trains. Tickets for transportation of bicycles and surcharges for the use of the AST Euskirchen (collective taxi on call) are also not included, in addition to using private providers such as the Rursee-Schifffahrt (Rur lake Shipping Company) and the Olef Valley Railway. (As of 2019, current changes see (>>www.erlebnis-region.de)
Timetables for the Eifel National Park Adventure region see www.vrsinfo.de and www.avv.de
The introduction of the guest pass was sponsored by the Eifel Climate Tour Project of the Nordeifel e.V Nature Park (www.klimatour-eifel.de.)
Advantages of the guest pass
- Climate-friendly, sustainable and cost effective on holiday
- Free use of all buses and railways of the Public Transport Company of Rhein-Sieg (VRS) and Aachen Public Transport Company (AAV) during your holiday stay including arrival and departure
- Journeys in the Eifel National Park Adventure Region to the National Park Gates, cycle and hike trails, sights, leisure facilities
- Use of the Eifelsteig-hiking buses and Eifel Hike and Cycle buses
- Use of the TaxiBusPlus in the District of Euskirchen
- Use of the Netliners in the municipality of Monschau
- Use of the Anruf-Sammel-Taxis(AST) in the municipality of Simmerath
- Use of the Rur valley Railway (Rurtalbahn) Heimbach-Düren-Jülich
- Use of the Plains Railway Company Euskirchen-Zülpich-Düren
- Journeys using the German National Railway Company to Aachen, Bad Münstereifel, Bonn, Düren, Euskirchen and Cologne
- Attractive reduced rates and bonuses at numerous sights and leisure facilities (trip destinations)
Come and get to know the countryside and people and use the advantages of the guest pass. By changing to buses and trains it is not only climate-friendly; arrive at the Adventure Region stress- free without traffic jams and parking problems.
The Cycle and Hike Railway Stations are the perfect start and finishing points for cycle tours and hikes.