The Swist Tower near Weilerswist is a remnant of the old parish and pilgrimage church of the lost village Swist on the Swisterberg (built around 1100-1125). Foundation remains of the nave are attributed to the 9th century. Archaeological findings from the Roman period indicate the establishment of the first Christian church on a Roman sanctuary. The Santiago pilgrimage route leads directly past the tower.
1828/1830 the nave was demolished due to disrepair in 1854, a renovated as a prayer room